So you’ve decided to launch an online community - Congratulations! Research shows us that online communities:
- Have the potential to fill important gaps in supportive care
- Help shape perceptions of patient empowerment among participants
- Are particularly beneficial when they’re “P2D” (patient-to-doctor communities) involving both fellow patients as experiential experts and medical experts in one place.
- Provide more peer support to patients when combined with in person support groups than in person support groups alone
- Increase patient empowerment and social well-being
- Increase loyalty, elicit strong emotional connections to your organization
- Promote recommendation behavior and enhance the image of the community sponsor
What’s the catch? It takes planning and active management to achieve those results. Estimates from Deloitte peg the failure rate for online community initiatives between 70 and 80%.
Research shows that online communities that have a clear vision about five very specific questions start down a proven path to success. With the right work and effort, they are able to thrive and provide significant return on community.
CareHubs' and our network partners' discovery process will help you create a successful online community, base it on sound research, establish measurable community outcomes, and make certain you have the support and resources you need for success.
If you're ready to get started, please use the form at right to request a consultation and we'll be happy to schedule a call to discuss your requirements.